IF YOU PURCHASED POWERBEATS 2 EARPHONES NOT FOR RESALE, YOU SHOULD READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS.
November 20, 2020 — Requests for Exclusion From the Settlement Must Be Submitted Online By This Date or Postmarked By This Date
November 20, 2020 — Written objections to the Settlement or Class Counsel’s Request for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses Must Be Postmarked By This Date
November 20, 2020 — Claim Forms Must Be Submitted Online By This Date or Postmarked By This Date if Submitted By Mail
January 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm PST — Fairness Hearing
*Please note, the original date for the Fairness Hearing has changed.
- Under the proposed settlement, Apple will make a non-reversionary payment of $9,750,000.
- You may be entitled to settlement benefits if you are a person residing in the United States who purchased Powerbeats 2 earphones not for resale before August 7, 2020.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act. Please read the Notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT:|
SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
|The only way to get an award under the settlement. Click here to submit a claim online or Click here to download a Claim Form.||November 20, 2020|
|If you exclude yourself from the Settlement, you will not receive an award under the Settlement. Excluding yourself is the only option that allows you to bring or maintain your own lawsuit against Apple regarding the allegations in the Action ever again.|
You may write to the Court about why you object to (i.e., don’t like) the Settlement and think it shouldn’t be approved. You do not need to submit a written objection to appear at the “Fairness Hearing” and object. Submitting an objection does not exclude you from the Settlement.
GO TO THE "FAIRNESS HEARING"*
The Court will hold a “Fairness Hearing” to consider the Settlement, the request for attorneys’ fees and costs of the lawyers who brought the Action, and the Representative Plaintiffs’ request for Service Awards for bringing the Action.
You may, but are not required to, speak at the Fairness Hearing about any objection you have to the Settlement.
|January 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm PST|
|You will not receive a Settlement award under the Settlement. You will also give up your right to object to the Settlement and you will not be able to be part of any other lawsuit about the legal claims in this case.||N/A|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
- The Court in charge of this Action has preliminarily approved the Settlement and must decide whether to give final approval to the Settlement. The relief provided to Class Members will be provided only if the Court gives final approval to the Settlement and, if there are any appeals, after the appeals are resolved in favor of the Settlement. Please be patient.
* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, hearings before the judge overseeing this case are currently being conducted remotely with the assistance of a third-party service provider, CourtCall. If that remains the case at the time of the ﬁnal Fairness Hearing, Class Members who wish to appear at the ﬁnal Fairness Hearing should contact Class Counsel to arrange a telephonic appearance through CourtCall, at least three days before the hearing if possible. Any CourtCall fees for an appearance by an objecting class member shall be paid by Class Counsel.